Friday, August 3, 2018

Courageous or Ridiculous?

 
Tahoe Donner Alder Creek Campground and Sunset in Euer Valley, Truckee, CA


When I tell people I'm going on a two-month long road trip I get responses all over the map.  (Pun intended).  Here are some typical replies from family and friends:



Well, when I was younger that was appealing, but now a good vacation is sitting on the beach in Southern Cal for two weeks, doing nothing. 

What?! Alone? Oh Ker-ry, that sounds lonely and scary. Will anyone know where you are? 

A tent?  Are you crazy?  Any place I stay now has to have room service and a bar.

I'm worried about your comfort in a tent.  Will your back be ok?  Can you sleep in your car?

Wow, that sounds amazing!  You are so brave.  I wish I would do something like that.

Come visit us!  Make a plan to stop by and see us on your journey.

Where are you going?  You should visit __________ , and don't forget about _____________ , oh and also _______________ is a must see.

My door is always open if you happen to find your way this direction.

Do it now, while you are young and healthy enough, I wish I had done that ten years ago when I felt better.

Find some good Pickleball action along the way and come back and tell us how it is.

I'm going to miss you, do you have to go for so long?

Who is going to teach your yoga classes while you are gone?

You are doing some seriously fun things in your life right now!  I'm jealous.

Can I come?

1 comment:

  1. Courageous, definitely! Can’t wait to hear/read all about your adventures. ��

    ReplyDelete