Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Heading East - Rebuilding a Life

Brighton Ski Resort, Utah - with Ally

My pitstop in Elko helped me get further down the road to Salt Lake City, Utah.  Leaving the Ruby Mountains in the rear view mirror, I stopped at a rest area along the way to check out the salt flats.

Salt Flats

I arrived in Holladay, Utah (suburb of Salt Lake City) at my dear friend Ally's house.  And bonus, her daughter Maddie was there!  We three enjoyed girlfriend gabbing, hiking, dog walking, dinners and pickleball for a couple days.

                                               Dog walk with Wes and Pickleball in Cottonwood Heights
  
She paints!


Maddie

 
Ally

Brighton Ski Resort

Both Ally and I went through divorces at about the same time several years ago.  We both ended up selling the family homes in Danville, California.  We both ended up moving to the healing mountains.  Ally to Holladay, UT and I to Reno, NV.  Ally grew up in Holladay and still has a network of family and friends there.  I didn't know anyone in Reno when I moved there except my son who was at UNR at the time.  I've since built a network of friends through yoga, pickleball, art and neighbors.

Changing the environment has a lot to do with the forward progression, and so has making new friends, relying on old friends and family, creating art, practicing yoga, meditation, journaling, traveling, finding new activities to stimulate the brain and body.  These divorces can kick our butts or propel us forward.  I choose to move forward, so has Ally.  



No comments:

Post a Comment